Tuesday 3 April 2012

Out of the Backpack and onto the Island

Hello friends!

After being tucked away for close to a week, I crawled out of the backpack where I had stowed myself away to find that I was already in Tonga.

Somehow I completely missed Fiji, but having heard the weather was horrendous with rain and flooding, I was not too disappointed.

I also questioned whether the Fijian authorities would have accepted my passport.

Here in Tonga I have been staying with my human travelling companions at the Little Italy hotel and seeing the sites. I was most pleased to see that our room had been upgraded to an ocean view room.

I even had the opportunity to drive. It was nice to back in a country where they drive on the left hand side...although I do not think my

After a day of driving around the island I went out on a bender my first night here, indulging in the gin and rum left in the room.

This led to the need for a large cup of cappuccino followed by more beer

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cedric! I'm glad you're still having adventures. I haven't seen you since our trip in the shopping cart to the laundry mat back in Ottawa. Stay out of trouble.

    ReplyDelete