Thursday 28 June 2012

Long time no see

Hello Vava'u:

I felt the time had come to update you.

I have been laying low for some time getting adjusted to all the new tropical vegetation and strange critters around me. I am still worried that one day I will be eaten by a pig or flying chicken, but so far so good.

Upon arrival to Vava'u I did a bit of exploring and took in some of the local sites and wildlife.

In May I found a new home in Vaipua, a hilltop community in Vava'u. When I first arrived the gardens were somewhat overgrown and in need of my services. So, while my human companions were out doing whatever it is they do, (they appear to run some sort of restaurant...I only hope it sells the brew of which I am very fond) I took it upon myself to get rid of the weeds and do a bit of planting. Up to this point, I have only managed to plant a pineapple and some garlic, but I will soon get some new seeds in the ground...provided I can stay off the sauce!

The humans assure me that all is going well and I will not be uprooted anytime soon. Being more settled I am hoping I will have more time to write and keep you all updated on my adventure.

Cheers,

Cedric

No comments:

Post a Comment